IT Support Specialist
Bohannan Huston is currently recruiting for an ambitious IT Support Specialist to work in a dynamic, team-based environment in our EnvisionIT Solutions Group in the Albuquerque, NM office.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and expertise in handling service requests at a Managed Services Provider’s Help Desk, and completing projects related to workstations, servers, printers, networks and vendor specific applications. As an IT Support Specialist in the EnvisionIT group, you would likely be involved in numerous tasks that would include handling project management of client system upgrades, inbound support calls, providing remote desktop support, configuring desktop PCs, and working with clients to resolve everyday IT support issues. Experience in Managed Service Provider (MSP) environments is a plus.
Customer service experience should include:
- Microsoft Desktop Operating System Support (Windows, 10, 11)
- Microsoft Server Operating System Support (Server 2012, 2016, 2019)
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and DHCP support
- Microsoft Hyper-V Support (Configuration and Implementation)
- Firewall Configuration and Support (SonicWALL experience a plus)
- Microsoft 365 Support
- Microsoft Office Desktop Application Support
- Malware and Anti-Virus Support
- Remote Support Tools
- VoIP Technology – FreePBX, Shortel, etc. – experience a plus
- Proficient in Networking Protocols and VLAN configuration
- CCNA, MCSA, MCP, CompTIA, and/or other industry certification is preferred.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3 – 5 years applicable experience or equivalent relevant experience. A Bachelor’s and/or Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- You have exceptional technical and interpersonal skills.
- You are customer service oriented.
- You can work in a fast-moving environment supporting small to midsized business clients.
- You can work independently to resolve network, server, desktop and application issues.
- You can assist small business clients with applications, connectivity, training and problem solving.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You can lift and move equipment weighing as much as 50lbs.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel locally during the workday.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE & TEACH
- ConnectWise PSA
- Datto RMM
- Datto Backup and Business Continuity
- EDR Solutions
- SaaS Backup Solutions
- Training, support and learning opportunities. Variety of projects across several civil engineering disciplines.
- Health insurance, including medical, dental and vision. We also offer an has that includes a generous contribution that we make on your behalf.
- 3 weeks of flexible leave.
- A nationally recognized 401(k) retirement savings plan with a great company match.
- Inspiring company culture and team environment.
- Innovative clients who rank among our region’s most successful public and private sector leaders.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Some travel may be required for this position.
Bohannan Huston isn’t your run-of-the-mill consulting engineering firm, though we may look like it on the surface we provide civil and structural engineering services, surveying and mapping services, planning, and advanced engineering technologies solutions. What really sets us apart is how we attract the best and brightest talent and strive to create a work environment where we have an opportunity to do our best work every day, where our employees are engaged, energized and inspired. Our exceptional reputation is built upon a spirit of service and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. Our clients are public and private sector leaders, looking for innovative and excellent solutions, and we meet those challenges every day. Our team is led by the best, brightest and most seasoned engineers, planners, surveyors and IT gurus, and powered by expertise, excellence, data analytics and innovation.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence in our work and our workplace:
- Named ENR Southwest Design Firm of the Year, 2021
- Ranked in ENR’s Top 500 list since 1998
- Top Workplaces © USA, 2023
- Top Workplaces © Regional Award (NM), 2016, 2018, 2020
- Top Workplaces © Cultural Excellence Awards, Compensation & Benefits, Leadership, Purpose & Values, 2022
- NM Family Friendly Workplace, Gold Level
- PLANSPONSOR Best in Class 401(k) Plan, 2015
- PLANSPONSOR Plan Sponsor of the Year, 2020
We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential.
We are committed to doing good while doing well and are actively invested in improving the communities in which we live and work. We donate of our time and our resources, and we encourage our employees to do the same.
We’re always looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of invention and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers.
Live and work in Albuquerque, NM, which has recently been ranked as one of the Friendliest Cities, and one of the Fittest in the US, as well as ranking in the top 20 of the most Bikeable Cities.
We hire the brightest and deliver the best to our clients. If this sounds like a challenge and an opportunity made for you, we want to hear from you!
Click here to view all career opportunities.
Bohannan Huston is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please call our Human Resources Department at 505.823.1000. BH is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace.